At Jersey Shore Steel, we manufacture high-strength rail steel angles, channels, and other products from re-rolled T-rails for a number of products. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are proud to be recognized as one of the “Greenest” steel mills in the world!
The Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety for the Jersey Shore Steel Company including but not limited to: Plan, manage, and direct occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, industrial hygiene, and risk management for the organization. Responsibilities encompass both Jersey Shore Steel Company locations: Jersey Shore and Montoursville, PA. The person must be comfortable in a fast pace, dirty, hot, noisy, environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop long-term operational strategies to ensure consistent optimal environmental, health and safety performance.
- Prepare annual EHS plan along with continuous improvement plans to meet key Environmental, Health and Safety performance
- Implement a Plant Performance Tracking System for EHS metrics and publish at a minimum
- Assess the facility’s operational EHS deficiencies and seek out opportunities to improve processes in an economic manner.
- Drive standard practices throughout the organization and align with other
- Assure that policies and documentation are
- Continuously monitor environmental, health and safety and trigger corrective
- Help solve environmental, health and safety problems through utilization of continuous improvement initiatives including: Root Cause Failure Analysis (SPOF, FMEA, FFA, etc.) 5-S and Lean Enterprise and Standard Operating Procedures/Processes.
- Coach and develop the management team to build high performing teams with EHS related training, training plans and developmental
- Creation of metrics to track and trend EHS related
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health or Safety, Masters preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 5 + years of demonstrated progressive EHS manufacturing experience preferred but recent college graduate considered.
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and schematics.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis & corrective
- Ability to multi
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- OSHA 10-hour certification,
- Manufacturing/union environment experience, helpful but not required
· Low deductible medical plan with 80% employer premium contribution.
· Vision, Dental, Supplemental Insurances available
· Short Term & Long Term Disability
· 401K Benefit with company contribution
· Paid vacation, holiday, and personal days
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- On Call
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Waiting period may apply